Thursday 6 June 2013

A New Resolution


Every New Year, a lot of people make new resolutions. A lot of them fail to achieve their New Year resolution. Im one of them and let me tell you, usually I fail to achieve it. On my 31st birthday, I decided enough is enough. No more New Year resolution.
I reviewed back all my previous failed resolution and find out what went wrong.  Some failed because its out of this world to achieve it (that means my world dear readers). Some because it not enough time to work it out. Others because lack of will.

After the process of reviewing, I come to a conclusion. I’m a resolution addict. Each New Year I make a resolution by March it fizzles out. A year resolution was not my things. I need to change if I want to achieve each of this resolution I make.

So, with that in mind, on my 31st birthday I make a new resolution that will affect me for the rest of my life. I will make new resolution after I achieved the old one. That means no more new resolution until the old one achieve.

A few years were the hardest. I suddenly plunge into the uncertainty when problem arise one by one.  The setback was quite severe. So, I dump all those old resolution again and do a revision. But it still sticks to the no more New Resolution until I achieve my current resolution.

I start back with an achievable one. New washing machine was the target. After achieve a few small one, I start to make a bigger resolution. The first big one that I tackle was settle my car loan. Than settle my housing loan.  That resolution ended this year on Feb 2013.

After taking a break for some times (actually it take me 5 years to achieved it so I think I deserved a break, isnt?) I start searching for new resolution. By April 2013 I got my new resolution.

This is it: I will improve my English writing.

Why? Because, I can read and understand and talking in English quite well but with writing, it a different matter. Somehow, it eludes me during my school days. My husband said, it because I have high confident in public speaking and I have a tendency to give attention to whatever I choose to do. Especially the one that I love to do or the way he put it, I obsess to do (reading of course hahaha).

So, to improve my English, I need to tackle my weaknesses. My writing. I need to learn to put my ideas in paper or blog.

So dear readers, bear with me. Ok. Chaayukchaayukhaiyahhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment