Thursday 17 October 2013

Reading Too Much In An Issue

Today, I read NST and one article, a comment from a reader on Learn From the Poor those with-less-put-us-to-shame-with-their-gratefulness that catch my eyes. I think, all of you should read this article.

It is an eyes opener and also touch your heart.

Sometimes we forget that there are more in lives then us.We loves to talks about issue and people likes we know and understand them  but the  truth is a lot of times we only write about it base on our assumptions.

It is a sad day when we created a hoo haa and  then realised that we not write the truth.

Our assumption is that poor people are a sad lot if we read a lot of writing in the blogs or newspaper. For a lot of us, happiness means having an Astro, credit card, hendphone, big house, big car, can go for vacation, eating at the restoran and much more.

Those who don't have all or some of that is not a happy man.  But do all of our requirement to  judge happiness applied to others?

It sometimes makes me wonder. We always say the poor was a sad lot. How arrogant of us to assume  they are not happy. Do without our  requirement for happiness makes them less happy? Sometimes they do have more then us. They have  more patience and understanding.

Look at us, we have everything and some have more then everything, but we become  an  ungrateful  bunch. We want people to follow and bow to our need. We assume that what we need is what everyone need. But do they?

So, we  are the sad lot. We become arrogant and ungrateful. As I'm writing this, I'm wonder, if I'm including in this bunch. I hope not.

After reading that article, I'm wondering how do I rate the happiness.

So today, poke bythose article I asked my office lady cleaner if she is happy with her lives  until now.

She said to me, in lives, we have up and down. When her children was little, there is a lot of things she need to thinks of.  She was not  happy all the time but she not sad all the time too. Even during those time she was soo poor,and they only have enough to eat once a day.

That is why she become a cleaner. Poor people cannot choose, they can only do the best in lives, she said.

But today, she is happy. Happy because her child's turn up to be happy , healthy and success. She grateful for what happen to  her. Having see her grandchild when they come for a visit is a bonus in her happiness. During sad time and during a happy times, she prevail.

One of her daughter become a doctor and one become an engineer. One of her son is a lecturer and another a Business consultant.

And  for  the first times, I envy her. For me, she has a lot now. Her closed  family was closed than ever. Her children call her everyday and once in a while a BMW or myvi or Polo or Saga, come and pick  her up for lunch break. How many of us can claim that? How many of parents can claim that and how many of us as a child can do that?

Now I think we read a lot in some issue without knowing the reality of it. And in the issue of the poor goes,  I wonder what standard we use when we write about their need. Base of our own or them? Hmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment