Sunday 6 October 2013

Looking Into Tiny Hole

ref : bull-bashing/g-spot-igp-sea-. by Kee Thuan Chye the writer of No More Bullshit book launch by Tokong LGE. Because he has been bless by tokong, he can write anythings using his own assessment and term it the truth.

In it he write "
The report revealed that between 2010 and 2012, the police lost assets worth over RM1.33 million. Among them were 44 loaded firearms. And the police don’t seem to have retrieved them. Holy gunsmoke! Did these guns go to those gangsters who have been shooting people dead in the streets the last few months?"

So I do the math.

2010 to 2012 = 36 month = 44 loaded firearms lost.
44 divided by 36 month = 1.22 firearms lost per months

1.22 firearms from thousand of firearms. That a lot missing per month. So, I'm counting the  statistic of loses vs total asset, assuming that there are 200,000 thousand firearms. The results, 0.0000061 chances the firearms will be missing per month.

Wow, that a lot of chances. 0.0000061 probability. Assuming that all police personal was a robot after joining in, that is a lot man. Robot makes no mistake, human is.

So, how do you rationalise now IGP? Hmmmm Lost at sea? Come on, police don't do raid at the sea.

 Have? Let me rephrase, robot don't lost firearms during the raid regardless on land or sea. In the heat of the moment kind of things were everything was heated up, robot remaining cool and keeping everything in check and order including all the government asset they bring along.

And that only for firearms. Others items, well, it what I highlight before, robot don;t lost a government asset. Lets do the math shall we. Assuming all item total in the police forces was 200,000.Some maybe more while other less.
 
Item
Total Missing
Average missing per month
Chances Lost per item
Handcuff
156
4.33
0.00002165
walkies talkie
26
0.72
0.0000036
Radio
22
0.611
0.000003055
Camera
6
0.1667
0.000000835
Computer
4
0.111
0.00000555
Vehicle
29
0.8056
0.000004028
 

That also assuming that the vehicle not including others like motorcycle, land rover and lorries. There is no such things existing in police force. Only cars.

I'm looking in small perspective? Oh! come on. I'm using my logic to understand it Mine. Not yours. I;m entitle to thinks for myself and it is unacceptable for a robot to make that high probability mistake.

So IGP, please answer this, how come out of 200,000 firearms you have the probability of 0.0000061 chances of losing it? It must be zero lost. And others items too. How can you lost it? It's inspector gadget/robocop we talking here not a human. Answer me please. I demand it....

No wonder KTC nearly fall into the drain with so much loses average and chances per month. No, I'm not kidding, he inform me himself  "What? Fallen into the sea? Reading that, I nearly fell into a nearby drain". hehhehhehheh.......

5 comments:

  1. It is not about the lost. It is about the accountability. No follow up action on the cops who lost their weapon and their chief sounds like stupid idiot that says the weapons were lost in the sea. How come we got stupid people to be police. No wonder they can't solve crime and need detention without trial or shoot first talk later tactic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand about accountability but then again how about our accountability? Look at us. We demand perfection on other people but we on the other hand is not perfect. We say someone stupid but there is a matra that said only stupid people will say someone else stupid. We don't know the nature of someone else jobs but we base on the surface assumption demanding them to answer the assumption scenario's. When they answer it as simple (and sometimes in the contact of example) we take it as it is the overall answer. That why the title Looking Into The Tiny Hole. It is base on assumption questions not the real one. Lighten up will you....

      Delete
    2. Hi Sarah,

      I think it is fair to compare the losses incurred to other nation police forces. I dont have the data but if you can enlighten me it will be much appreciated.

      I assume the losses is normal in such a huge organisation. Me myself is a gov servant and I did lost something along my career. Though it was not a gun,I was made to pay the surcharge, subject to disciplinary saction and was deterred enough not to repeat the carelessness. The boss however did not make it official enough to have it recorded into my service log.

      As with my experience, human is indeed human. Not to be expected inherently perfect but to have faith in. Sure there is
      crooked cops and had a hand in these losses as in every police organisation but I expected they had been dealt with. Others is just honest cops wanting to give their utmost service to the nation and earn honest and halal living. I think they also have been served their sanctions as I was.

      I did not agree with some people who potrayed themselves as perfect being. Did they not at some point of time lost their precious belonging? If they did tell that to me then I know they are manipulative and not being honest even to themselves. These people cant and wont be expected to be honest with others even in three lifetimes.

      The losses should have been accounted for but did not receive mention due to the nature of the organisation.

      By the way I am not a police officer. Thank you.

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure about other police force loses but I'm rather thinking that with a 102, 037 personel, the loses was marginal.Some loses was a major offences while others was minor.

      And like a lot of agencies, governmant and non governmant, I like to think they taken the action to each offences. But like non government agency or multi international companies, they will not highlight to a media cases like losing handcuff/pen/stack of A4 papers and what action have been taken right?

      Losing the firearms, unless it has been used in big shooting cases, it will not attracted a media to reported it. So, if there is a court session involving a missing firearms,which simply lost, no journalist will come and cover the stories. No news value in it.

      I'm also sure 1.33 millions lost in 3 years not only including the materials item. As per now I'm still in the process of read the audit report so I cannot assume anythings yet.

      It goes to show, how shallow we can become if we looking inside the box without exploring the other side. At the end people will take us for a ride because we just assume without checking in thinking about certain things. In this case, without reading the full report of The Audit Result.

      Delete
    4. What is of greater concern is the lapses in the system which allowed the losses and how these lapses should be rectified. That is after all the main aim of an Audit. In the case of sensitive items like firearms there can be no leeway in the system. So it's not a small thing, Sarah.

      Of great concern too is the fact that the AG's report keeps on highlighting similar issues year after year i.e. over paying, purchasing items which can't be used and have to be written off etc. These are not small matters. Government needs to take firm action against the staff concerned. The results of such action should be reported to Parliament as well.

      Delete