Friday 13 December 2013

Loved Thy Books and The Forget to Return Loan Book Sickness

I loved books. Why I loved books so much? It happen when I was 8 years old and I don't want to go to the school. I get bored when the teachers I deem at that times teaches the subject in slow paces.

I got bored because at that times, I already finish reading all my teks books. So, I will comes to school if I know my teachers will moving to a new chapters. Otherwise, I rather help my grandmother or playing with my friends.

Funny things at that time, my grandmother said, I will takes my test and got 100% at all of my subject. But due to my poor attendance, my teacher gives me 3rd or 4th or 5th place. I don't care, as long as I achieved my target (100% in all subject) and get what I want.

Seeing this, one of my teacher, lets call her Miss Z, try to interfered. She know, I'm bored in school because I'm way ahead from the rest of my friends. I don't go to  a pre-school like some, but after 3 month of learning my ABC I can read and write.

To makes the matter worst, said Miss Z, I have a cousin in Darjah 2 and I already read and doing his homework and doing it so well. I'm so bored, she said that I don't know what to do in the school. I finish my homework by the time the teacher finished teaching, so what to learn anymore.

She become desperate, she said that she got the ideas of challenging me to finish all the story books in the library by the end of the years and she will gives me RM10. At that times, RM10 was a lot for a kids like me.

I need to write the synopsis of every book that I already reads to make it valid. It takes me 7 to 8 month she said to finish every books. I borrow nearly 10 books each morning for every day. Return half of it before going back home and return the rest the next morning.

And she said, I still got 100% in all the subject but this time around, I got to keep my first place too. Due to her creative thinking, she make me went to school that year nearly everyday. Dor your information, when I'm in Darjah 1 and 3 month in darjah 2 I only went to school for 2 or as much as 3 days per week.

That when my obsession for books started. I lives and sleep for books. But they said, you can change your natured when you doing it for 44 days straight. I'm doing it for 7 to 8 months. It get in my blood and I loved it so much that I willing to share the passion with my kids and all the kids that I come to meet.

I loved it so much that I willing to buy the books that interest me no matter how much it will cost.

But the bad side of it, is that I also found out that when it come to knowledge especially in religious book, a lot of people don't want to buy. Instead, they will loan from someone and then conveniently forget to return it again. Especially in religious book which may cost around RM5 to RM20.

I also found out that the higher their positions and the money they make, the harder for this people to buy this kind of books. They willing to loan and forget to return rather than buying it with their money.

To counter this problem, I usually never loan my books but instead asked them to give me the money and help them buy this books. It solved a little bit of my problem but not totally solved it. But at least I can keep a majority of my books now.

To this type of people, please remember, you loan this book. Not buying it. Return this to the owner please. Those who usually do this and know me, know who your are. Just return my books okay.. No late charges will applied. hehhehheh

By the way, Miss Z was one of the few who responsible in  proposing Project NIlam to be applied to all school in Malaysia.

Thank you Miss Z for opening the new world fill with wonder, monster, fairies, hero, Private investigator and much more to me. For those wonder that I loved until now, I will thanks you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment