Tuesday 9 July 2013

The Star - Sore Loser????

Ok guys, it been a few days since I update this blog. Just now I update it in BM for the purpose of getting something out of my chest and just for warm up a little bit.

Then I read thestar.com.my:Softer-data-counts-in-media-industry. And try to figure up what these guy up to and why he release a statement like this. When I read Helen angan-angan-mat-jenin and a comment from her reader makes me realise somethings. The Star is a sore loser.

All these time they attack an Utusan but the truth is they really hate 394,026 Harian Metro achievement. But they didn't attack Harian Metro directly. I think because depending on the mood, attacking Utusan was making more sense then attacking Harian Metro.

By attacking Utusan, they hope the kampung folks will change to The Star. Now, if they attacking Harian Metro, the reader who read Harian Metro will retaliate. You have to remember, Harian Metro circulation is a mix up of urban and kampung folks (I think more urban but I still cannot find any data to support it). These folks is in the same circle of The Star reader.

In my on the ground observation, people who buy Harian Metro will also buy The Star. Just hang out around mamak stall who sell newspaper especially on sunday. You can see this trend clearly. These observation was around Seremban. I ask a few of my friends to observe a newspaper stall in their area - one in Ampang and one in Kajang. They concur this trend.

Follow the trend above, it makes more sense to attack UTUSAN and convert their reader to The Star. I think all these hype about re branding etc etc, was a way to get more readers. For years, The Star announce how they are the biggest circulation paper ever and then bammm Harian Metro take over. To make the matter worse, after Mei 5th, 2013, people start questioning the paper standing.  My observation also found out that people who buy Harian Metro now start buying UTUSAN and not The Star anymore.

Unlike UTUSAN who fondly covert to building UMNO brand or Harian Metro who will reported whatever they think is fair and will sell ( a lot of my friends said Harian Metro will report everything and does not afraid a retaliation from government - I reserved judgement), The Star cannot claim that their report was fair while a lot of their report was seen as oppo supporter. In a few month before GE#13 The Star blundly try to test the malay sentiment with a lot of what they said a mis print  picture or statement or commenter. Freedom of press they said if people start complaining.

Now taking over by Harian Metro, they claim otherwise. Well, for me, that a loser do. If you cannot fight it, modify the data or perception and as always, they the master of manipulation. If you read above statement it like they saying that Harian Metro is reading by a lower class. That explain the higer circulation. While their reader come from new media and NM (New Malaysian).

And they said Bung a sore loser. What about the Star vs Harian Metro? Clear winner was Harian Metro and The Star doing damaged control as usual, said circulation doesn't matter. If that not a SORE LOSER statement.

After this they will count in all their media reader including magazines and Internet portal as a prove that they still the most powerful news media in Malaysia. Cannot wait when that happen lah HAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment