Tuesday 14 January 2014

The Kangkung Saga : Positive & Negative

.Cannot help it but I must write this post.

Just read this article I found in Yahoo : video-harga-kangkung-turun-najib-jadi-cemuhan

One comment catch my eyes. 

"Kangkung belakang umah aku pun banyak. Sapa nak ambil aku bagi free," kata pengguna Facebook Azizi Adzemi.

I'm reading him as a negative type of persons. Why, because if what he says was true than he mis the opportunity to makes a money.

Yes I loud his attitudes to give kangkung for free but why don't he think that if a lots of kangkung availables he got a gold mind behind his house.

He don't have to plant and takes care of it, he just need to harvest it and sold it and get money out of it.

If I'm this guy, I will collect all those kangkung and I will divided it to a small bundle.

If I want to get the fair price, I will put my kangkung and distribute it to makcik-makcik who sold sayur kampung at Pasar tani. I don't asked them to give me money right away, I just asked them to help me sold that kangkung.

Maybe I will cut a deal with her, 50cent per small bundle and she can sold it for me at RM 1.00 per bundle. She get 50 cent and I will get 50cent.

If I'm lazy, I will sent all those kangkung to pasar besar. Maybe I will get RM5.00 per kilo or less but if you sold in big bundle or cut in a small bundle and you will get around 30cent per bundle.

How do I know this, because once I'm so lazy to take care of a small plot ehind my house that I decided to just plant only lemon grass or serai. 

The plot was not that big, around 2 meter by 2.5 meter. I got around 12 lot of lemon grass after 4 months.

A friend upon seeing my lemon grass suggest that I'm going to pasar near my house and asked someone over there if they want to buy my lemon grass.

I'm following that suggestion and what I found out surprise the heck out of me.

They asked me to divided my lemon grass to small portion, 3 per set and they will buy it out from me 70cent per set. Each lot I got around 10 or more set.

With 12 lot I got RM84 plus. I imagine, if I have a bigger plot I will get nearly RM100 extra per month.

And guys, every years I consider RM100 as my bonus money because once of each year I planting lemon grass and I time it out around Hari Raya puasa.

You see, I'm just using a composs which compromise a waste of food that I planting on that plot.

If you see in my plot now, you will see a daun pandan. I sold that to pasar guy every saturday and sunday. Sometimes, because he know me well, he just call me to send the daun pandan to him because he has a regular customer who's making a kuih muih.

This daun pandan will get cleared out around march this year to prepare for serai plot.

I don't have to do anythings with this type of vegetables or some will call it herbs. Just plant it up, make sure it grow and if needed watered it out. Otherwise you can let it grow wildly.

Especially during a rainy seasons. Just make sure there is no weeds during a growing times, maybe around 3 weeks and that is.

So positive minds will generate a positive attitudes. I means come on, it's free money. I started my lemon grass with a single shoot, a balance from cooking.

I only used two shoot to masak lemak cili api and because I don't want to wested it, I plant it out.

Now I always have what I call a "serai mother plan". Two lot of it as a start-up for my seasoning planting hehhehheh. 

Now those single plant generated around RM100 each time I harvested it. It a small lot my friends and the lemon grass look like a lalang because I plant it near of each other.

I only used around RM8 to buy "gelang getah" to divided each set. And RM8.00 have around 500 pcs of gelang getah.

I'm a busy mother and this plan types was a mother friendly types of plant for me. Just overseas it for 3 weeks and look at it once in a while for 3 to 4 month.

A friends who have no land plot generated around RM130 to RM150, but she plant it behind her house using a big black planting bag.

That her ways of earning money. She also planting about 20 cili padi which earn her RM 10 to RM15 per kilo depanding on market prices.

Every 3 days she will send a kilo to pasar. Every month she will get around RM100.

A friends who live in Shah Alam, planting serai as one of her decoration. Every three or four month, when she harvested her serai, she will send it to mini market near her house.

They buy it from her around 80cent per set of 3 and sold to their customer RM1.50.

She get around RM 10 each harvesting but she said it quite enough coz rather than throw away, she got a money out of her passion to beautified her house and some money to buy a pots or soils.

So think about it okay. Do you want to stay in negative mind all your living years or try to change it.

Opportunity was everywhere in Malaysia. Just open your mind a bit and you will find it out.

By the way, serai, kunyit, bunga kantan, cili padi, buah kelapa and daun pandan was an item a malay household used everyday.

For some reasons it always not enough and if you can provide even a portion of it, you will generated a money. A mini market will buy it just asked them and you will see.

For some 70cent per set maybe not a lots of money but if you think carefully, you will realise that 70cent can generate a lots of money if the quantity getting bigger and bigger.

70 cent of 100 bundle of serai set will get you RM70.
If you have 500 bundle you will get RM 350.
If more bundle, think how much you get?????

Think ok. Just give it some though.

Oh by the way, I'm using serai as my examples coz I'm planting serai. You can change it to kunyit, or pisang or kelapa or bunga kantan okay. Don't limited your mind to only serai okay hehhehheh

2 comments:

  1. It is either you want to do it or you won't. As for me living in a place with land which is not sekangkang kera anymore but sekangkang katak ... planting vegetables is a good exercise and save some money ... why don't you try plant some peria katak ... very easy to do ...

    Due to the raise of price in everything, we are now prefer to eat at home rather than visiting a restaurant from one to another. Jimat banyak... Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan peria katak but it is free for all neighbours actually hehhehheh.

      I plan it beside my fences and because it has been known for it's capacity to control the blood sugar, a lots of times they, the older generation asked for it. As I don't mind about it, they now just takes it.

      But it is a good option too.

      :Dsarah

      Delete