Thursday 29 August 2013

Raya : Invite or Not to Invite? Hmmm

A friends call and inform me that she and the gang will come to my house on 31st. As a Muslim Malay, I will received my house guess with a lots of foods for them to enjoy.

Mind you, my friends is a Chinese. My husband highlighted this issue to me, how do you think they view us now?

So, I am informing him that, what ever it is, they are still my friends unless they said otherwise. 

Now, these is an interesting fact, during our chatting I discover that she didn't get a lot of open house invitations this year. Even a neighbours didn't invited her. When she asked they just inform her about the family visit or somethings.

Don't want to hurt her feeling, I just say that this year there really only a few open house even for a Malay. With the virus going around (I used my selves as example) a lot of people was not feeling well. Guess they just celebrated as simple as possible. She can visit her neighbour during hari raya because it will always an open house.

But it also make me wonder, do the trend I read in a lot of blogs of commenter don't want to invited the chinese to their open house was already getting popular?

Well for me, I believed that every guess who come to my house brings a lot of bless regardless what races they are. So I will welcome my friends, act as normal as I can (even in some of her posting in FB hurt my feeling but I attributed it to the heat of the moment via Mei 5) and see where the water flow.

I will open my door to them and prepare  foods for them to enjoy. As far as I go, I will always be a mild minded Malay. I cannot be ultra recist who will cut their friendship to other races.

As per now, I'm happy receiving a guess and with the neighbouring kids asked me again and again, what time they can come, I guess it a signal I get my raya moods now.

Other political issue, will be put in the back burner now, unless it need my special attention. After all not all of our politician as smart as they try to project. Just hear what they saying. A wonder people elected them. But GE13 prove perception not an issue will win the day duh.

Well those who know me, come and visit will you. Trust I will never judge you because of your races. Just how smart you are or in some cases how funny you are hahahahaha........

3 comments:

  1. .. this is one of the reasons why Cina selalu lekehkan Melayu. Hati kita ni lembut sangat. That's why dia orang naik tocang coz they know Malays are so forgiving.

    I'm not saying that you should cut your ties with your Cina friends, most especially if they are good friends to you i.e. kawan masa susah bukan kawan masa senang aje.

    But you should really get rid of the "opportunistic hypocrite kind".. the ones that only ask to attend your Raya open house but never invite you to their CNY open house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She a good friends actually. A friend who help me even when a few of a "chinese friends" try to make me resign after joining in only a few weeks in my last company.

      Well like I wrote above, she made a few comment that hurt my fealing but then again after GE13, she become disillution. I guess she cannot believe that it can get that far -what? it another stories.

      Well, she and the group actually the only chinese to come as they the one who asked. Others, well a silent treatment tell it all hmmm

      Delete
  2. Hmm ... I trimmed down my guest list this year, because we are not planning on a big crowd. It just occurred to me that not one of the Chinese I invited turned up, or even responded to the invite. Should I feel insulted or angry?

    I couldn't care less. I figure that the hang out sessions should just comprise of people who actually want to be with me and make an effort for it. Which side you vote makes no never mind to me, but it helps to keep my guest list exclusive when you don't bother to keep the communication channels open.

    ReplyDelete